What is a GlamourGals Chapter?
A GlamourGals chapter is a student-led service club based at a high school or college. Most chapters are independent, but they can also be part of a larger service club. There are currently over 100 chapters across the country.
Let's get started.
WHY START A CHAPTER?
Starting a GlamourGals chapter is a great way to do community service while making friends of all ages. Chapters usually continue at your school after you graduate, so by starting a chapter, you'll be creating a lasting difference in your community. Founding a service club also stands out on college and job applications.
WHO CAN START A CHAPTER?
If you are a high school or college student, you can start a GlamourGals chapter at your school! If you are an adult professional, you can help start a chapter by reaching out to students in your community and sharing the GlamourGals mission. A great way to do that is by organizing a MegaMakeover.
HOW CAN I START A CHAPTER?
The GG National office is here to help you start new GlamourGals chapter in your community. Here is what you'll need to do:
- Have one chapter leader.
- Recruit at least 10 volunteers.
- Find an adult advisor - ideally, a school staff or faculty member (only for high school chapters).
- Fill four chapter leadership positions: president, vice president, public relations officer, and treasurer.
- Connect with a senior home and schedule your first makeover.
3. GET OFFICIAL!
- Register on our interactive volunteer website, GGchapters.org.
- Request all the cosmetics and applicators you'll need.
- Pay the $100 annual registration fee within two months.