How to HOST A GLTI PANEL
Want to make your chapter's GLTI even more relevant to your community? Consider inviting people to speak at a GlamourGals club meeting! This will give you and your chapter the opportunity to network, discuss issues facing your community, and help your service have a greater impact.
Here's what to do:
- Make sure it's ok with the school. Check with you advisor to find out if you need any special permission to invite community members to speak to your chapter.
- Reach out to your panelists. Here are some ideas on who to invite:
- A guidance counselor or school social worker
- The activities director of your senior home
- Your city councilperson or member of your local government
- Chapter alumni
- Try to find a date and time that works for you and your panelists. If your speakers can't all attend at the same time, inviting them to meetings individually is ok, too!
- Work with your chapter to draft questions. Think about issues your chapter has had, or situations you'd like advice on working with. What issues are facing your community? What would you like to know before applying to college or choosing a career path?
- Pick a moderator. We recommend using a chapter leader or advisor. The moderator will ask questions and follow-up questions, and facilitate discussions between panelists.