GlamourGals volunteers are organized into chapters. A GlamourGals chapter is a student-lead service club based at a high school or college. Most chapters are independent, but they can also be part of a larger service club. There are currently over 100 chapters across the country.
Each Chapter has 10 or more volunteers who:
- Visit a senior home at least once a month (or more) to provide manicures and makeovers.
- Hold regular meetings.
- Register and track chapter activity on our volunteer website, GGchapters.org.
- Pay an annual registration fee of $100.
Chapters have four student leadership positions:
- A president who organizes events, mentors volunteers, and reports chapter activity on GGchapters.org.
- A vice president who assists the president, organizes chapter supplies, and plans a special event.
- A public relations officer who recruits volunteers, builds local chapter awareness, and manages chapter social media.
- A treasurer who makes sure the annual registration fee is paid, manages fundraisers, and promotes GG gear.
High school chapters are also required to have an adult advisor (preferably, a staff or faculty member at their school) who supports chapter leaders and volunteers.
Our National office supports the development of leadership skills.
GG National, the headquarters of GlamourGals Foundation, Inc., provides every chapter with all the cosmetic supplies they need, including disposable applicators. Supplies are shipped for free to chapters upon request.
GG National works closely with volunteer leaders to ensure their chapters are successful and sustainable. Not only do we send monthly emails and occasional mailings with updates, reminders, and more, we also reach out to volunteers individually through phone calls, text messages, and email.
We also host a series of events throughout the year, featuring mentorship opportunities, workshops, skill-building exercises, panel discussions, and more.
- A simple way to track volunteer hours
- A platform for journaling about GlamourGals experiences. Journals promote writing skills, empathy, and introspection. The GlamourGals national team reads these journals and helps volunteers troubleshoot issues, congratulate successes, and plan special events.
- Resources for giving makeovers, connecting with seniors, fundraising, and more.
- Instructions on how to receive awards from our national office in recognition of hard work and service.
chapter creativity fund
GlamourGals volunteers are full of ideas for making their makeover visits special. To support their creativity and dedication, GG National has funding set aside for special events and activities chapters want to bring to senior homes. Volunteers submit a proposal outlining their idea and a budget, and with approval, GG National reimburses their expenses.
We believe that volunteers should be honored for their service, and offer GlamourGals volunteers a variety of rewards to show them our appreciation for their time and effort.
- Glammy Scholarship Awards. GG National offers $1,000 tuition scholarships to all volunteers who are seniors in high school. There are five separate scholarships: one for each leadership position, and one for non-leader volunteers.
- Intergenerational Service Award. GG National recognizes outstanding volunteers who have achieved 15 service hours and five journals over the course of each service year with our Intergenerational Service Award.
- Letters of Recommendation. Volunteers who have earned an Intergenerational Service Award are eligible to request letters of recommendation from GG National to support applications for college, jobs, internships, or scholarships.
- Saint Peter's University Scholarships. Saint Peter's University is collaborating with GlamourGals to offer two merit scholarships to GlamourGals volunteers in recognition of their service and leadership. Volunteers can learn more here.
GlamourGals currently has chapters in 16 states:
Archbishop Mitty High School
Eisenhower High School
El Toro High School
Orange High School
University of Southern California
Whitney High School
University of Connecticut
University of Florida
Chicago Tech Academy
Castle High School
Aberdeen High School
Academy of the Holy Cross
Patterson Mill High School
Wachusett Regional High School
Northpoint Christian School
St. Dominic High School
Bergen County Technical High School
Cinnaminson High School
Cranford High School
Delsea Regional High School
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Freehold Township High School
Hackettstown High School
Millville Senior High School
New Jersey (continued)
Moorestown Friends School
Mother Seton Regional High School
Pascack Valley High School
Red Bank Regional High School
St. Peters University
Union Catholic High School
Villa Victoria High School
Wallington High School
Warren Hills Regional High School
Academy of American Studies
Ardsley High School
Baruch College Campus High School
Benjamin N. Cardozo High School
College of Mount Saint Vincent
Commack High School
East Meadow High School
Flushing High School
Half Hollow Hills High School West
Herbert H. Lehman High School
High School of Arts & Technology
Hunter College High School
Island Trees High School
Long Island Lutheran
Mahopac High School
Marymount Manhattan College
NEST+m High School
New York University
Newfield High School
New World High School
Northport High School
Notre Dame Academy
Oceanside High School
Riverdale Country School
Sanford H. Calhoun High School
School for Tourism & Hospitality
New York (continued)
Smithtown High School East
South Side High School
St. Jean Baptiste High School
St. John's University
St. Joseph High School
Staten Island Technical High School
Suffern High School
Susan E. Wagner High School
Thomas A. Edison High School
Townsend Harris High School
Validus Preparatory Academy
West Hempstead High School
Williamsburg Charter High School
Young Women's Leadership School
University of North Carolina Wilmington
West Stokes High School
Clay High School
Ohio State University
Olentangy Liberty High School
Ottawa Glandorf High School
Perkins High School
St. Josephs Academy
Harriton High School
Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School
Penn State University
Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
University of Pennsylvania
RL Turner High School
At makeovers, GlamourGals volunteers offer each senior the following options:
- Manicures, including hand lotion, filing nails, and/or polish.
- Makeup, including foundation, blush, and/or lipstick.
- Facials, consisting of gentle facial cleanser and moisturizer.
All seniors are welcome at GlamourGals makeovers, even if they don't want a manicure, makeup, or a facial.
GlamourGals National provides chapters with disposable tools to ensure the makeup used is sanitary. Volunteers NEVER use any sharp tools, apply eye makeup, or do hair.
To make their visits to senior homes special, many chapters plan special events and activities to do with seniors. For instance, they play board games, organize special holiday events with decorations, cards, and small gifts, bring simple arts and crafts activities, and more.