What is a GlamourGals Chapter?
A GlamourGals chapter is a student-lead service club based at a high school or college. Most chapters are independent, but they can also be part of a larger service club. There are currently almost 100 chapters across the country.
Each chapter has 10 or more volunteers who:
- Visit a senior home at least once a month (or more) to provide manicures and makeovers.
- Hold regular meetings.
- Register and track chapter activity on our volunteer website, GGchapters.org.
- Pay an annual registration fee of $100.
CHAPTERS HAVE FOUR STUDENT LEADERSHIP POSITIONS:
presidentwho organizes events, mentors volunteers, and reports chapter activity on GGchapters.org.
vice presidentwho assists the president, organizes chapter supplies, and plans a special event.
public relations officerwho recruits volunteers, builds local chapter awareness, and manages chapter social media.
treasurerwho makes sure the annual registration fee is paid, manages fundraisers, and promotes GG gear.
What happens at a Makeover?
GlamourGals is about more than just makeovers and manicures. It's about connecting generations and making seniors feel valued. Conversations between volunteers and seniors are the heart of every GlamourGals makeover.
At makeovers, GlamourGals volunteers offer each senior the following options:
Manicures, including hand lotion, filing nails, and/or polish.
Makeup, including foundation, blush, and/or lipstick.
Facials, consisting of gentle facial cleanser and moisturizer.
All seniors are welcome at GlamourGals makeovers, even if they don't want a manicure, makeup, or a facial.
GlamourGals National provides chapters with disposable tools to ensure the makeup used is sanitary. Volunteers NEVER use any sharp tools, apply eye makeup, or do hair.
To make their visits to senior homes special, many chapters plan special events and activities to do with seniors. For instance, they play board games, organize special holiday events with decorations, cards, and small gifts, bring simple arts and crafts activities, and more.
GG NATIONAL SUPPORT
GG National, the headquarters of GlamourGals Foundation, Inc., provides every chapter with all the cosmetic supplies they need, including disposable applicators. Supplies are shipped for free to chapters upon request.
GG National works closely with volunteer leaders to ensure their chapters are successful and sustainable. Not only do we send monthly emails and occasional mailings with updates, reminders, and more, we also reach out to volunteers individually through phone calls, text messages, and email.
We believe that volunteers should be honored for their service, and offer GlamourGals volunteers a variety of rewards to show them our appreciation for their time and effort.
Glammy Scholarship Awards.GG National offers $1,000 tuition scholarships to all volunteers who are seniors in high school. There are five separate scholarships: one for each leadership position, and one for non-leader volunteers.
Intergenerational Service Award.GG National recognizes outstanding volunteers who have achieved 15 service hours and five journals over the course of each service year with our Intergenerational Service Award.
Letters of Recommendation.Volunteers who have earned an Intergenerational Service Award are eligible to request letters of recommendation from GG National to support applications for college, jobs, internships, or scholarships.
Saint Peter's University Scholarships.
chapter creativity fund
GlamourGals volunteers are full of ideas for making their makeover visits special. To support their creativity and dedication, GG National has funding set aside for special events and activities chapters want to bring to senior homes. Volunteers submit a proposal outlining their idea and a budget, and with approval, GG National reimburses their expenses.
All GlamourGals volunteers are required to register on our volunteer website, GGchapters.org. This interactive website tracks service hours for each volunteer and offers them the opportunity to share journals about their experiences. It is a resource where volunteers can learn about rewards, get helpful tips and tricks for makeovers, register for events, and more.
We currently have chapters in 17 states:
- Archbishop Mitty High School
- Eisenhower High School
- El Toro High School
- Orange High School
- University of Southern California
- Whitney High School
- University of Connecticut
- University of Florida
- Chicago Tech Academy
- Castle High School
- Aberdeen High School
- Academy of the Holy Cross
- Patterson Mill High School
- Wachusett Regional High School
- Northpoint Christian School
- St. Dominic High School
- North Carolina
- Asheboro High School
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- New Jersey
- Bergen County Technical High School
- Cinnaminson High School
- Cranford High School
- Delsea Regional High School
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Freehold Township High School
- New Jersey (continued)
- Hackettstown High School
- Millville Senior High School
- Moorestown Friends School
- Mother Seton Regional High School
- Pascack Valley High School
- Red Bank Regional High School
- St. Peters University
- Union Catholic High School
- Villa Victoria High School
- Wallington High School
- Warren Hills Regional High School
- New York
- Academy of American Studies
- Ardsley High School
- Baruch College Campus High School
- Benjamin N. Cardozo High School
- Binghamton University
- College of Mount Saint Vincent
- Commack High School
- East Meadow High School
- Flushing High School
- Half Hollow Hills High School West
- Herbert H. Lehman High School
- High School of Arts & Technology
- Hunter College
- Hunter College High School
- International Prep
- Island Trees High School
- Long Island Lutheran
- Mahopac High School
- Marymount Manhattan College
- NEST+m High School
- New York University
- Newfield High School
- New World High School
- Northport High School
- Notre Dame Academy
- Oceanside High School
- Pace University
- Portledge School
- Riverdale Country School
- Sanford H. Calhoun High School
- School for Tourism & Hospitality
- New York (continued)
- Smithtown High School East
- South Side High School
- St. Jean Baptiste High School
- St. John's University
- St. Joseph High School
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Suffern High School
- Susan E. Wagner High School
- Thomas A. Edison High School
- Townsend Harris High School
- Validus Preparatory Academy
- West Hempstead High School
- Williamsburg Charter High School
- Young Women's Leadership School
- North Carolina
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- West Stokes High School
- Auglaize County
- Clay High School
- Hancock County
- Ohio State University
- Olentangy Liberty High School
- Ottawa Glandorf High School
- Perkins High School
- St. Josephs Academy
- Harriton High School
- Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School
- Penn State University
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
- University of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University
- Vanderbilt University
- RL Turner High School